OmniPod Insulin Management System
The Pod automatically primes itself and performs a series of safety checks to prepare for insulin delivery.
Unlike an insulin pump with tubing, you have the flexibility of wearing your Pod anywhere you take injections
With just a push of a button and virtually no pain, the cannula is automatically inserted and insulin delivery begins.
OmniPod® Insulin Management System
The world’s first tubing-free insulin pump, the OmniPod insulin pump System is discreet and durable, wireless and incredibly easy to use.
With just two user-friendly parts that communicate wirelessly, the OmniPod® Insulin Management System simplifies insulin pump therapy. The waterproof Pod integrates the pumping mechanism, cannula, needle, and insulin reservoir into one wearable unit. The PDM (Personal Diabetes Manager) wirelessly programs insulin delivery, calculates suggested doses, and has a convenient, built-in FreeStyle® blood glucose meter.
Wear the small, discreet wireless insulin pump to deliver your insulin without shots or tubing.
- No tubing to snag, tangle or dress around; the first completely tubeless insulin pump.
- A truly durable and waterproof insulin pump; so you can bathe, swim and be as active as you like.*
- Delivers insulin based on your personalized settings—precisely what you ask for, when you ask.
- Built-in insulin reservoir, angled infusion set, automated inserter, pumping mechanism and power supply.
- Weighs just 1.2 ounces with a full reservoir—so comfortable you’ll forget you’re wearing an insulin pump.
- Takes insertion needles out of sight and pain out of the game.
- Hands-free, automated insertion—and priming—minimizes hassles and errors.
The PDM (Personal Diabetes Manager)
Manage your personalized insulin delivery wirelessly with your easy-to-use, handheld PDM.
- Guides you through managing your insulin delivery with simple language, like “Are you going to eat now?”
- Built-in FreeStyle®blood glucose (BG) meter eliminates the need to carry and manage a separate meter or transfer BG results from device to device.
- Large color screen with bright mode option is easy to see, read and use; test strip port light facilitates checking BG in low-light conditions.
- No more log-booking or “best guesses.” PDM stores and summarizes insulin delivery, BG and carbohydrate records.
- Downloads records to the CoPilot® Health Management System, simplifying the data management essential to fine-tuning your care.
- Food library of over 1,000 common foods helps you count the carbs.
- Suggested bolus calculator recommends doses based on your settings and your BG value.
- No need to wear it on your belt; just put it in your pocket, backpack, or handbag—wherever you would normally keep your BG meter.
The manufacturer is Insulet Corporation.
IMPORTANT: HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION: This is a summary and does NOT have all possible information about this product. This information does not assure that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate for you. This information is not individual medical advice and does not substitute for the advice of your health care professional. Always ask your health care professional for complete information about this product and your specific health needs.
Enroll now to see how you can get the OmniPod Insuln Management System at little or no cost.